Puppies and Dogs For Sale
Cavoodle Puppies for Sale for families with additional needs:
Waratah Puppies specialises in breeding, raising and training puppies for people with additional needs including children on the Autism Spectrum, with physical disabilities or people living with anxiety, depression or PTSD/CPTSD.
There are many benefits of dog ownership.
For people with additional needs, particularly children on the Autism Spectrum, a puppy / dog can help with emotional regulation and provide emotional support; they can provide companionship and reduce loneliness and they can improve confidence and social engagement – even if not formally trained as an Assistance Dog.
After they leave us, many of our puppies complete training to become an Assistance Dog or Therapy Dog.
To learn about the difference between a pet/companion dog, a Therapy Dog and an Assistance/Service Dog – click on this link. (Service Dog is an American term sometimes used in Australia to describe an Assistance Dog.
If you or a family member have additional needs, please click on the link to our additional needs waiting list at the bottom of this page.
Sometimes we also have gorgeous puppies available for purchase by families without a family member with additional needs. Please click on the link to our general waiting list at the bottom of this page if you would like to know when we have puppies available.
Purchasing a puppy is a big decision. You are responsible for their wellbeing which includes their physical, mental, emotional and social wellbeing. Here’s a link to a document we have prepared. Click here for Questions to ask a breeder BEFORE purchasing a puppy. We hope it is helpful.
The joy of bringing a new puppy, or older dog, into the family begins with choosing the right breeder. We understand how challenging it can be to find an ethical breeder because of the growing number of breeders with an online presence. We face the same challenge each time we purchase a new puppy or breeding dog.
How can you know which breeders to trust?
Reputable breeders will :
- be registered with their State pet registry/local Council and have a breeder ID
- be vet audited annually to ensure they meet or exceed their State’s Code of Breeding Practice
- welcome visits to their property (they will/should have bio-security measures in place for the protection of their animals)
- DNA test their breeding dogs
- fully disclose all health issues their puppies or adult dogs may have
- answer your questions with confidence and clarity
They will also provide you with:
- information about how to care for a puppy
- the microchip number of the puppy
- a list of the worming/tick/flea treatments your puppy has received
- a recommended ongoing schedule for worming/tick/flea treatments including heartworm
- a health guarantee, a copy of their refund/returns policy
- a copy of their desexing policy
At Waratah Puppies :
* our Breeder Identification Number is 000793269 (NSW Pet Registry)
* our breeding dogs are DNA tested (Orivet) and the puppies we breed will be clear of genetic diseases.
* our vet visits each September to carry out a vet audit of our facilities, our animals and our business practices and we meet or exceed the standards set out in the NSW Code of Breeding Practice for Dogs & Cats.
** We provide basic obedience training PLUS the option for a puppy to participate in our introductory Assistance Dog in Training (ADiT) program before they join their family — we have a waiting list for our gorgeous puppies.
Our Assistance Dog in Training (ADiT) program is available for puppies we breed or raise BEFORE they join their forever families. This additional training prepares the puppy for ongoing training as an Assistance Dog and hopefully reduces the opportunity for the puppy to develop naughty behaviours before formal training begins (usually from approx 6 months of age).
Each puppy’s family is provided with a video of their puppy’s training sessions and instructions on how to continue the training. Where a family is working with an Assistance Dog training Organisation, we are very happy to liaise with that organisation when developing a puppy’s ADiT training program. Our ADiT is completed over approx 4 weeks. Our ADiT program is delivered by Pawsable Training.
Sharing the opportunity for people with additional challenges to experience Connection, Inclusion and Confidence Building through the unconditional love of a puppy is why we breed gorgeous Cavoodle and ‘oodle puppies.
All families can benefit from the love of a puppy. At the end of the day there is nothing more heartwarming that being greeted by a wagging tail and big brown eyes.
We’ve prepared a document – What to Consider BEFORE purchasing a new puppy. You can download the document here
We believe early basic obedience training is essential for a happy, positive relationship between a puppy and it’s family. As many of our puppies are sold to people who are considering training their puppy as an Assistance or Therapy Dog, we’re going to begin a puppy’s training well before the puppy leaves us. Our breeding program will be scaled down so we can devote more time to training our gorgeous puppies.
Our puppy’s ‘good manners’ will involve teaching “Sit”, “Stay”, “Come” and walking confidently on a loose lead. ALL families buying from us from 2020 will enjoy these benefits – you don’t have to be formally training your puppy as an Assistance Dog to benefit from this basic training.
Our puppies are desexed and crate trained before joining their families. We know this is an important reason people have purchased from us in the past. The benefits of not losing sleep for a week is a DEFINITE advantage you gain from purchasing from Waratah Puppies.
To watch unedited video of 9 week old Lexi after her first week of training – click on the link… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcpGgBgEFhU
Chester and Jett have also completed their first week of training. You can watch their training on our youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnOiJ3vIhuO_KkCAT-UkCEA
We are an Award Winning Business. We were the winner of the 2015-2016 Altitude Awards’ Climb the Mountain category (trading to 5 years)
We are a proud FINALIST in the 2020 Best in Service Altitude Business Awards as well as being a FINALIST in the 2019 Altitude Business Awards – Through the Woods (trading up to 10 years) and Business Excellence Award Categories.
We have toy Cavoodles available:
These puppies will :
* be microchipped * be vet checked at least twice
* have 2 puppy vaccinations * be desexed
* will have a health guarantee, rehoming guarantee and 6 weeks free pet insurance
THEY WILL ALSO
* begin toilet training on artificial turf
* be crate trained – so they don’t cry at night for the first week with their new family
they will have BASIC OBEDIENCE TRAINING (families receive video of some training sessions on a USB)
If you are interested in purchasing a gorgeous, rare, Chocolate Cavoodle please visit
Chocolate Cavoodles Australia
click on the link below
If you are purchasing a puppy for yourself or a child on the Autism Spectrum or with special needs, please click on the ADDITIONAL NEEDS ENQUIRY BUTTON at the bottom of the page or CLICK HERE.
For our general waiting list please CLICK HERE. OUR GENERAL WAITING LIST IS CURRENTLY CLOSED. If you complete the enquiry form you will receive an email when we reopen our GENERAL waiting list.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from Families who would like to join our Fostering Program.
Do you love dogs?
Would you like to experience the joys and responsibilities of Fostering a Dog for a breeder who provides Cavoodle puppies to children on the Autism Spectrum or with Special needs?
Waratah Puppies is a vet audited, award winning breeder of Cavoodle and Shoodle puppies primarily for children on the Autism Spectrum or with special needs.
From 2020 we are taking our business in a new direction. We will be providing every puppy we sell with basic obedience training and will be assisting people to commence training their puppy as an Assistance or Therapy Dog.
So we can concentrate on training puppies, we are looking for loving families who will foster some of our breeding girls.
We are looking for families who would love to be part of this experience with us.
- If you LOVE dogs AND
- would LOVE to enjoy the company of a Cavoodle without paying the full cost of purchasing a puppy
our Fostering Program might suit you ….
- We will provide instructions and guidance regarding dog care, pregnancy and whelping
- You will have the choice of having the the puppies born in your home, OR the pregnant mum can return to us for the birth (from approx 2 weeks prior). She will then return to your home after weaning the puppies.
- We will cover all veterinary costs associated with the pregnancy and the puppies
- If you would like to Foster two dogs so you still have one at home while the other comes to us for mating, please let us know
- You must be happy for us to visit to meet you and visit the home environment the dog(s) will be living in.
please contact Kaylene at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Why buy a Waratah Park Puppy?
Our cavoodle puppies are happy, health family pets with many advantages over other cavoodles you may see for sale. Our puppies are:
- lovingly cared for and handled every day
- vet checked thoroughly, at least twice before leaving us
- vaccinated with C3 and C5
- wormed every 2 weeks with Puppy worming Suspension and comes with dates for ongoing treatment, including recommended grooming schedule
- microchipped (we begin the process of transferring ownership to new owner)
- desexed, receive post op care and stitches removed before leaving us
- doing well with toilet training – to newspaper inside and grass outside
- able to sleep all night on their own (soft toy companion) in their own travel crate
- used to wearing a collar
- lead training
- basic obedience training (sit, come) – USB of training sessions & training notes provided to new owners
Our puppy families are provided with:
- a comprehensive information pack on how to prepare for the puppy’s arrival, essential items to buy before you receive your puppy and schedule for ongoing care
- tax invoice (if you are using NDIS funding to purchase your puppy, please let us know so we can provide relevant information on your Invoice)
- vaccination certificates and schedule for future vaccinations
- instructions for completing transfer of ownership (microchip records)
- their puppy’s familiar bed (airline approved travel crate) and soft toy
- our 30 day health guarantee
- lifetime re-homing guarantee – the knowledge that we will help re-home a puppy at any time in its life, should the need arise
- 6 weeks free pet insurance with PetPlan
- ongoing support for as long as they need it
- life-time interest in their puppy; it’s well being and happiness
Kaylene, and Waratah Park Puppies (now Waratah Puppies) won the Climb Every Mountain Award (best business trading up to 5 years) in the 2015-2016 Altitude Awards.
In 2019, Kaylene and Waratah Puppies were a finalist in the Through the Woods Category (best business trading up to 10 years) in the Altitude Awards as well as a finalist in the Altitude Awards' Business Excellence Category.
In 2020 Kaylene and Waratah Puppies were a finalist in the Best in Service Award of the Altitude Business Awards.
We are located in Gunning, south NSW.
Puppies can be collected from our Gunning property by appointment or flown to major airports across Australia for between $450 - $800. We use Dogtainers and JetPets for our travel needs.
We can provide a quote for international travel (New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Hawaii)
Because our puppies are crate trained, they usually sleep during the flight and arrive ready to play and cuddle with their new forever family.