Puppies and Dogs For Sale
Cavoodle Puppies for Sale:
Waratah Puppies specialises in breeding, raising and training puppies for children on the Autism Spectrum; with physical disabilities or people living with anxiety, depression or PTSD/CPTSD.
In ‘normal’ years, our gorgeous puppies are also purchased by families without a family member with additional needs. However because of the unusual circumstances we are facing in 2020 – we took the unprecedented step of closing our general waiting list in early May 2020. Since then we’ve still received a large number of enquiries from families hoping to purchase a puppy from us because of the additional service we provide over and above what other breeders provide.
Unfortunately we will NOT HAVE PUPPIES available to people on our general waiting list until at least January 2021 and depending on how many additional needs enquiries we continue to receive – our general waiting list may remain closed for the foreseeable future.
We apologise to the many families who would love to purchase a puppy from us – however for over ten years we have bred and raised our puppies PRIMARILY for children on the Autism Spectrum or with additional needs and we are committed to unashamedly prioritising placing our puppies with these families. With our current breeding program, we unfortunately won’t have puppies available to other families for the remainder of 2020.
Many of our puppies go onto formal training as Assistance or Therapy Dogs. As we are the only breeder of Cavoodle puppies providing basic obedience training PLUS the option to participate in an introductory Assistance Dog in Training (ADiT) program for puppies before they’re sold (as an alternative to Labrador / Golden Retriever Assistance Dogs), we have a continuously increasing waiting list for our gorgeous puppies to these families.
We thank our staff, previous puppy owners and future puppy parents for your ongoing support and encouragement during this difficult time.
While we know this will be disappointing news for many families – particularly those hoping for Christmas holiday puppies – we hope everyone understands and appreciates our priorities. Thanks, Kaylene
The joy of bringing a new puppy, or older dog, into the family begins with choosing the right breeder. We understand how challenging it can be to find an ethical breeder because of the growing number of breeders with an online presence. We face the same challenge each time we purchase a new puppy or breeding dog.
How can you know which breeders to trust?
Reputable breeders will :
- be registered with their State pet registry/local Council
- be vet audited annually to ensure they meet or exceed their State’s Code of Breeding Practice
- welcome visits to their property (they will/should have bio-security measures in place for the protection of their animals)
- fully disclose all health issues their puppies or adult dogs may have
- answer your questions with confidence and clarity
They will also provide you with:
- information about how to care for a puppy
- the microchip number of the puppy
- a list of the worming/tick/flea treatments your puppy has received
- a recommended ongoing schedule for worming/tick/flea treatments including heartworm
- a health guarantee, a copy of their refund/returns policy
- a copy of their desexing policy
Our Breeder Identification Number is 000793269; our vet visits each September to carry out a vet audit of our facilities, our animals and our business practices and we meet or exceed the standards set out in the NSW Code of Breeding Practice for Dogs & Cats.
We breed primarily for children on the Autism Spectrum, with additional needs or adults living with anxiety, depression or PTSD.
Sharing the opportunity for people with additional challenges to experience Connection, Inclusion and Confidence Building through the unconditional love of a puppy is why we breed gorgeous Cavoodle and Shoodle puppies.
All families can benefit from the love of a puppy. At the end of the day there is nothing more heartwarming that being greeted by a wagging tail and big brown eyes.
We’ve prepared a document – What to Consider BEFORE purchasing a new puppy. You can download the document here
We believe early basic obedience training is essential for a happy, positive relationship between a puppy and it’s family. As many of our puppies are sold to people who are considering training their puppy as an Assistance or Therapy Dog, we’re going to begin a puppy’s training well before the puppy leaves us. Our breeding program will be scaled down so we can devote more time to training our gorgeous puppies.
Our puppy’s ‘good manners’ will involve teaching “Sit”, “Stay”, “Come” and walking confidently on a loose lead. ALL families buying from us in 2020 will enjoy these benefits – you don’t have to be training your puppy as an Assistance Dog to benefit.
Our puppies are desexed and crate trained before joining their families. We know this is an important reason people have purchased from us in the past. The benefits of not losing sleep for a week is a DEFINITE advantage you gain from purchasing from Waratah Puppies.
To watch unedited video of 9 week old Lexi after her first week of training – click on the link… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcpGgBgEFhU
Chester and Jett have also completed their first week of training. You can watch their training on our youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnOiJ3vIhuO_KkCAT-UkCEA
We are an Award Winning Business. We were the winner of the 2015-2016 Altitude Awards’ Climb the Mountain category (trading to 5 years)
We are a proud FINALIST in the 2020 Best in Service Altitude Business Awards as well as being a FINALIST in the 2019 Altitude Business Awards – Through the Woods (trading up to 10 years) and Business Excellence Award Categories.
If you are interested in purchasing a gorgeous, rare, Chocolate Cavoodle please visit
Chocolate Cavoodles Australia
click on the link below
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from Families who would like to join our Fostering Program.
Do you love dogs?
Would you like to experience the joys and responsibilities of Fostering a Dog for a breeder who provides Cavoodle puppies to children on the Autism Spectrum or with Special needs?
Waratah Puppies is a vet audited, award winning breeder of Cavoodle and Shoodle puppies primarily for children on the Autism Spectrum or with special needs.
In 2020 we are taking our business in a new direction. We will be providing every puppy we sell with basic obedience training and will be assisting people to train their puppy as an Assistance or Therapy Dog.
So we can concentrate on training puppies, we are looking for loving families who will foster some of our breeding girls.
We are looking for families who would love to be part of this experience with us.
- If you LOVE dogs AND
- would LOVE to enjoy the company of a Cavoodle without paying the cost of purchasing a puppy
our Fostering Program might suit you ….
- We will provide instructions and guidance regarding dog care, pregnancy and whelping
- You will have the choice of having the the puppies born in your home, or the pregnant mum can return to us for the birth (and approx 2-3 weeks). She and the puppies will then return to your home
- We will cover all veterinary costs associated with the pregnancy and the puppies
- If you would like to Foster two dogs so you still have one at home while the other comes to us for mating, please let us know
- You must be happy for us to visit to meet you and visit the home environment the dog(s) will be living in.
please contact Kaylene at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Why buy a Waratah Park Puppy?
Our cavoodle puppies are happy, health family pets with many advantages over other cavoodles you may see for sale. Our puppies are:
- lovingly cared for and handled every day
- vet checked thoroughly, at least twice before leaving us
- vaccinated with C3 and C5
- wormed every 2 weeks with Puppy worming Suspension and comes with dates for ongoing treatment, including recommended grooming schedule
- microchipped (we begin the process of transferring ownership to new owner)
- desexed, receive post op care and stitches removed before leaving us
- doing well with toilet training – to newspaper inside and grass outside
- able to sleep all night on their own (soft toy companion) in their own travel crate
- used to wearing a collar
- lead training
- basic obedience training (sit, come) – USB of training sessions & training notes provided to new owners
Our puppy families are provided with:
- a comprehensive information pack on how to prepare for the puppy’s arrival, essential items to buy before you receive your puppy and schedule for ongoing care
- tax invoice (if you are using NDIS funding to purchase your puppy, please let us know so we can provide relevant information on your Invoice)
- vaccination certificates and schedule for future vaccinations
- instructions for completing transfer of ownership (microchip records)
- their puppy’s familiar bed (airline approved travel crate) and soft toy
- our 30 day health guarantee
- lifetime re-homing guarantee – the knowledge that we will help re-home a puppy at any time in its life, should the need arise
- 6 weeks free pet insurance with PetPlan
- ongoing support for as long as they need it
- life-time interest in their puppy; it’s well being and happiness
Kaylene, and Waratah Park Puppies (now Waratah Puppies) won the Climb Every Mountain Award (best business trading up to 5 years) in the 2015-2016 Altitude Awards.
In 2019, Kaylene and Waratah Puppies are a finalist in the Through the Woods Category (best business trading up to 10 years) in the Altitude Awards as well as a finalist in the Altitude Awards' Business Excellence Category.
We are located in Gunning, south NSW.
Puppies can be collected from our Gunning property by appointment or flown to major airports across Australia for between $350 - $450. We use Dogtainers and JetPets for our travel needs.
We can provide a quote for international travel (New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Hawaii)
Because our puppies are crate trained, they usually sleep during the flight and arrive ready to play and cuddle with their new forever family.